With the current spread of COVID-19, the entire Essential Quality Care team is committed to helping you stay healthy. Our team takes the following precautions with every in-home care service. You can implement them into your daily routine to protect yourself even when our care professionals aren’t around.
How We Protect Ourselves (And You Can Too):
- Hand Hygiene: Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds often. If you don’t have access to soap and water, use a generous amount of alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60-95% alcohol and rub all over hands until dry.
- Personal Hygiene: Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or flexed elbow. Also remember to avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay Home: If you’re feeling sick, stay home and contact your medical provider.
- Clean High Touch Surfaces: Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces every day with a household cleaning spray or wipe according to instructions. These surfaces include electronics, counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, etc.
- Talk to Your Doctor: If you experience symptoms like fever, coughing and shortness of breath, contact your healthcare provider to help you decide if you should be tested for COVID-19.
We would like to take a moment to inform you of the additional actions our team is taking to help our clients stay healthy during this uncertain time. Essential Quality Care follows the infection control guidelines recommended by the Oregon Health Authority. During any of our care services, you can expect the following.
How We Protect Our Clients:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Our care providers wear the appropriate PPE including masks and gloves during our visits.
- Time Limits: We work to limit time together in enclosed spaces making sure that all shared spaces in the home have good airflow. We may opt for outdoor interactions when appropriate.
- 6 Feet Distance: Where allowable, our care providers maintain a distance of 6 feet from clients.
- Hygiene: We ensure that our clients practice good hand hygiene and cough etiquette.
- Resources: If our clients become sick or need to limit time with others to keep themselves healthy, we help gather supplies they need for up to 2 weeks.
- Illness: If a client becomes ill, we follow the procedures outlined by the Oregon Health Authority and the CDC.
Essential Quality Care is committed to putting our clients and their families first. Due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak, our team is doing everything we can to prevent spreading the virus. Our procedures are always made to keep our community safe but during this time we’re taking extra precautions to help protect the health of our clients. Contact us to learn more about our in-home care services. We specialize in infant, adult and senior caregiving. Our exceptional team can give your loved ones the care they deserve. With each interaction, we want you to feel like family.