EQC Occupational Therapy is dedicated to providing exceptional, cost eﬀective, family focused care for our clients. Our goal is to meet client’s needs in the nurturing environment of their home, minimizing the impact of the client’s condition on the family and respecting the role of the family in the care of the client. To learn more about us visit EQCHealth.com.
We are looking for reliable and self-motivated individuals to join our Occupational Therapy team at EQC . If you’re a caring individual who prioritizes quality care in the home for medically fragile and technology dependent adults, then we want to work with you!
As a member of the EQC team, the Occupational Therapy assistant will champion the company’s overall vision, mission and corporate values, and foster a positive organizational culture and working environment for all contacts at all levels.
- Execute appropriate treatment plans for patients, as recommended by the Occupational Therapist.
- Provide safe and eﬀective treatment procedures as appropriate for the client age, condition, and diagnosis.
- Assist the Occupational Therapist with the development of treatment plans as directed.
- Communicate with the therapist regarding proposed changes to treatment plan and concerns regarding the patient.
- Provide and maintain accurate, thorough, legible and timely patient related documentation, handwritten and/or computerized, in accordance with department policy and procedure.
- Demonstrate and document service competence for clinical and professional reasoning and judgment during the service delivery process and for the performance of speciﬁc assessments, techniques, and interventions used.
- Demonstrate clinical competency through implementation of appropriate treatment and established plan of care.
- Participates in in-services, medical conferences, staﬀ meetings, continuing education courses, team meetings and other related activities.
- Communicate frequently and eﬀectively with others involved in the client care regarding scheduling, treatment plans, progress and discharge planning.
- Adhere to all policies of the company, including job description, certiﬁcation requirements, mission statement, conﬁdentiality standards and client rights.
- Maintain compliance under:
- Medicare and other insurances
- State and federal regulations
- Any other
- Maintains professional license, and malpractice/general liability insurance and provides current copy to director each year.
- Perform duties in compliance with departmental policies, procedures, timeliness, and productivity standards.
- Understand and support the company’s mission, vision and values.
- Certiﬁed Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) by the National Board in Certiﬁed Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
- Licensed Occupational Therapist in Oregon. Must comply with all Oregon requirements for continuing education.
- 2 years of experience working with older adults clients in their home
- Demonstrates general computer skills including: data entry, word processing, email, and record management.
- Ability to perform the physical duties of the position, which requires physical strength and exertion.
- Comply with both federal and state guidelines, including all licensing requirements.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain proper levels of conﬁdentiality.
- Ability to work closely with medical professionals and family caregivers
- Competitive Pay $28 – $30/hr DOE
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedule
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.